|AI Type||Broodmother AI|
|Max Life||6,000 / 7,200|
|Inflicts debuff||On Fire! ?% chance|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly Losing Life...|
"You hear a distant roar..."
The Broodmother is a Pre-Hardmode boss fought in The Inferno biome. This boss is meant to be fought as an alternative to The Hydra, Eater of Worlds, and the Brain of Cthulhu so that the player may obtain Scorched Scales and Incinerite.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Broodmother doesn't spawn on her own and requires the player to summon her with the Ancient Bell while in the Inferno during the day. She can also be summoned by breaking three Dragon Eggs at the bottom of the Inferno's volcano. The Broodmother can only be summoned during the Day.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Broodmother charges around the player while doing numerous attacks to try to kill the player.
- The Broodmother shoots exploding fireballs onto the player.
- Flame geysers erupt from the ground around the player
- The boss breathes a stream of fire onto the player.
- The Broodmother lays Dragon Eggs that hatch into Broodminis to assist the boss.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Broodmother's theme is Blazing Fury, which was composed by the artist SpectralAves.
- Prior to the Broodmother's release, another version of this song titled A Mother's Rage was composed by SpectralAves.
- The Broodmother is Ashe's mother.
- The Broodmother's design was originally going to look much different, resembling a Wyvern.