|AI Type||Hydra AI|
|Max Life||4,000 / 8,000|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
"You hear hissing somewhere nearby..."
The Hydra is a Pre-Hardmode boss fought in The Mire biome. She serves as an alternative to The Broodmother, the Eater of Worlds, and the Brain of Cthulhu, so that the player may obtain Abyssium and Hydra Hide.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Hydra's body is invincible, and only her heads can be damaged. Once all her heads are destroyed, she will die.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- The Hydra spits Hydra Chows that explode on impact.
- The Hydra shoots flame from her heads.
- When one of her initial three heads is downed, it will divide in two. The split heads will not divide further.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- The Hydra can teleport if the player get too far away from her or her view of the player is obstructed.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Staying close to the Hydra is optimal, as she can teleport if you get too far away from her or a block obstructs her view of you.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- After defeating the Hydra for the first time, a sinister music plays as a mysterious shadow watches the player for a while then vanishes. This shadow is revealed to be Haruka, who also watches the player in The Mire during daytime.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Hydra's theme is Abyssal Wrath, Which was composed by the artist SpectralAves.
- The Hydra is Haruka's mother.
- The Hydra originates as a monster in Greek Mythology, a multi-headed reptilian beast whose heads would divide if cut off without cauterizing the wounds. While the Hydra's heads split here, fire is not needed to kill her.