The Inferno is a biome added by the Ancients Awakened mod and is one of the two Chaos Biomes. The Inferno has a fire and draconian theme, contrasting the Mire's poison and amphibious theme. The Inferno is guaranteed to appear in the world, appearing on the side with the Dungeon and Snow Biome.
The Inferno contains many dangers in both Pre-Hardmode, Hardmode, and post-Moon Lord. In the center of the Inferno is a Volcano that leads to a cave with Dragon Eggs, which can be broken to obtain loot and summon the Broodmother. The player can easily die in the Volcano due to fall damage. The Inferno also contains the Inferno Altar, which is functionally identical to the Demon Altar. The Inferno also contains the Pagoda of the Rising Sun above the Volcano which can be used post-Equinox Worms to summon Akuma, Draconian Demon. Many enemies can also spawn in the Inferno, however they can only spawn during the day. If the player enters the Inferno during the night, they are inflicted with the Ash Rain debuff that deals damage over time to the player.
Upon world generation, the Inferno can extend into the Snow and Desert biomes. However, the Inferno cannot spread like the Corruption and the Crimson. However, once the Wall of Flesh is defeated the Inferno will expand. In Hardmode, the Inferno can be spread by the Clentaminator using Orange Solution. It can also be spread by using Inferno Seeds. The Inferno can be cleared by either using Order Solution or Moonpowder.
Contents[edit | edit source]
After defeating Broodmother:
Underground Inferno (Hardmode):
Underground snow Inferno (Hardmode):
Smashing a Chaos Altar:
From All Inferno Enemies:
From Chaotic Dawn:
From Ancient Lungs:
From Shen Doragon:
From The Environment:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Inferno's theme in daytime is Scorched Landscape, theme during nighttime is Burnt to Ashes and the theme while in Underground Inferno is Superheated, which all 3 are composed by Shadow Figure.
- Scorched Landscape is the remake of Flame-Razed Rock, composed by Kanashii and Superheated is a remake of Smolder, composed by OmegaFerretMusic.
- After defeating the Equinox Worms and the Sisters of Discord, the theme called Scorched Tower starts playing while in Pagoda of the Rising Sun, and after defeating Akuma, the theme changes to Sleeping Giant, which was composed by LCS.
- Due to the remake of Sleeping Dragon not composed yet, Sleeping Giant was chosen to be played due to it being the only pre-Superancient theme implemented, until the corresponding theme will be released.
- With the exception of the structure atop the volcano, The Inferno generates entirely without shaped tiles.