- Not to be confused with the vanilla item Terrarium.
The Terrarium is one of the biomes in the Ancients Awakened mod. It is located in the center of the world, in the Caverns below the spawn point. It uniquely buffs players with Terra's Guidance, preventing fall damage. All blocks that make up the biome cannot be mined at all.
Enemies in the biome become stronger after Plantera has been defeated. They inflict a strong debuff called Terra Blaze and have an uncommon chance to drop the Terra Prism, which can be used to upgrade most weapons to more powerful variants.
Contents[edit | edit source]
After Plantera has been defeated:
After The Equinox Worms have been defeated:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Theme of the Terrarium is Heart of the World, which was composed by Shadow Figure and charliedebnam.
- This theme also contains some leitmotifs of title theme and daytime overworld theme of the vanilla game as well.
- Terrarium means a vivarium for smaller land animals, especially reptiles, amphibians, or terrestrial invertebrates, typically in the form of a glass-fronted case.
- The Terrarium always generates at the center of the world. Due to the structure being split into 2 sections, it’s placement, leaving a large hole down the middle, as well as the fall damage immunity it provides, it cuts down around 200 blocks the player has to mine for a hellevator.
- The Terrarium is based on Yggdrasil, the world tree at the center of existence in ancient Nordic mythology.
- According the lore, The Terrarium is the corpse of the Heart of Nature. It got shattered by ??? when he absorbed the Chaos Storm's powers. The majority of the Heart of Nature's powers went to Terra, Hero of Nature and the rest became the Heart of the Jungle.
- The Terrarium is going to be replaced with The Lost Keep in a future update. Additionally, its location will be changed as well, but the tree of life will still remain.