- Item (Quantity)Rate
- (1 (only on first kill))100%
"It appears you've put the Lich to rest. But be warned, the whispers of his wrath shall never fully stop, there's always one who still believes..."
Vecna is a Post-Skeletron Pre-Hardmode boss. It is the penultimate boss of Astronimus Pre-Hardmode.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Vecna cannot spawn on his own, and requires the player to use a Whispered Sigil at night, anywhere.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Vecna floats around and fires Djinn's Curses at the player, as well as having the Hand and Eye of Vecna fight along side him.
The Hand of Vecna will float around and deal contact damage as well as summoning Bone-Throwing Skeletons and Dark Casters to distract the player
The Eye of Vecna will fly around, firing hostile Lost Soul projectiles at the player
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Vecna can be a challenging boss especially if the player tries unprepared. A preferable tactic is to kill the Hand first to stop the over flow of Skeleton enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Vecna's theme is The Rradelum Redux, made by iFlicky.
- The original The Rradelum was made by Penncilk Uyeno, a friend of the creator, however due to an arguement, the theme was in need of a change
- Vecna's sprite, the Hand and Eye's sprites, and the Whispered Cloak sprites were made by iFlicky, the Treasure Bag, Music Box, and Map Icon were made by Split
- Vecna's original name was Astrum Mortem, meaning "Star Death". This was changed when the mod name and concept was changed.
- Vecna is inspired by a lich god from Dungeons & Dragons of the same name.
- The Eye and Hand are references to the liches symbols, his lost eye, and his lost hand.
- Vecna will be receiving a rematch fight in the Post-Plantera stage of the game, Vecna, the Ascended.
- The lore message upon his death (used as the heading for this page) talks about how Vecna is a worshipped idol, and how the whispers of his wrath never stop, this is a reference to the rematch fight, as Post-Skeletron Vecna is a lich, but his Post-Plantera state is a god.
- The stages where Vecna is fought coincide at the same time as the Dungeon is upgraded, this is intentional, as Vecna is intended to be a Dungeon boss