Turkor the Ungrateful
- Item (Quantity)Rate
Turkor the Ungrateful is a pre-Hardmode boss which can be summoned at any time now, not just the Thanksgiving season. Its body appears to be a cooked turkey on a plate, and its head is attached by a long, flexible spine. The head must be destroyed first, otherwise the body will have high enough defense to render most pre-Hardmode weapons useless. Once the head is destroyed, the body's defense lowers for 25 seconds, after which more heads grow.
While Turkor the Ungrateful is alive, the Boss 1 music will play.
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Parts[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Turkor's body will deal high contact damage, but cannot move.
- Turkor's heads will float around the player, passing through tiles. They will occasionally quickly lunge towards the player, making a clucking sound before doing so. When all of the heads are defeated, the body's defense will drop, making it more vulnerable to attack for 25 seconds.
- One to three heads will be summoned, depending on the body's damage. If the body is damaged enough while heads are still alive, these extra heads will appear instantly.
- Turkor will be defeated once the body and all remaining heads are taken out. If the body is defeated while heads are still alive, the heads will become unattached, but continue to attack as usual. If any of the heads are killed via despawning off-screen, loot will not be received.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using Holy Hand Grenades when all heads are dead deals 600 damage each, so with 30 Holy Hand Grenades, Turkor should be defeated.
- Using the Crimson Rod or Nimbus Rod to create a cloud above his body is a good strategy.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Turkor can be farmed easily by only attacking the heads.
- Turkor the Ungrateful is one of the only stationary bosses in the game, the others being the Celestial Pillars.