Goozma is a Post-Moon Lord boss that can be fought anywhere. The boss is comprised of five main parts, which are the Astral Gel Deity, the Ebonian Gel Deity, the Crimulan Gel Deity, the Crystallian Gel Deity and Goozma itself. All 5 will spawn upon the use of the Gelatinous Amalgamation, regardless of which spreading biomes the world currently contains.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Goozma does not spawn on its own and requires the player to summon it with the Gelatinous Amalgamation.
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Goozma fight is made up of Five individual bosses: The Ebonian, Crimulan, Crystallian, and Astral Gel Deities, and Goozma itself. Each has its own behaviors and attacks.
Gel Deities[edit | edit source]
- Will rotate around Goozma, firing gel bullets with greater frequency depending on how many other gel deities have been killed
- Will occasionally break formation to charge at the player. The Ebonian and Crimulan Deities line up with the vertical axis of the player, the Crystallian Deity lines up with the horizontal axis of the player, and the Astral Deity lines up so that it changes directly away from Goozma's position.
- Only one deity can charge at a time
- The Ebonan, Crimulan, and Crystallian Deities spawn smaller slimes as they take damage
- The Astral Deity instead fires a burst of gravity affected astral gel bullets upward that then attempt to home in on the player as they fall every time it loses 10% health.
Goozma[edit | edit source]
- Flies towards the player.
- Fires Ionized gel bullets that inflicts the Distorted and Electrified Debuffs on hit.
- Occasionally stops shooting and charges rapidly at the player, during this attack the deities rotate farther out and at a faster speed.
- Invincible until all four gel deities are killed
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
- Switches between three different attacks at random
- Charges at the player continuously, firing all different types of gel bullets
- Flies overtop of the player, summoning different types of slimes, finishes the attack with three rapid charges.
- Stops moving and fires a large amount of ionized gel bullets in a four spoked spiraling pattern which transitions to six spokes when Goozma is below 50% life
- Summons a Cosmo Slime every time it loses 10% of it's life.
In Expert Mode[edit | edit source]
- Two gel deities can charge at a time.
- Goozma moves faster in all phases.
- Goozma's Contact damage inflicts the Distorted and Electrified Debuffs on hit.
In Revengeance Mode[edit | edit source]
- Three gel deities can charge at a time.
- Goozma's phase 2 spiral attack has a 50% chance to change direction mid attack.
- Goozma and the gel deities move faster in all phases.
- Goozma now has a boss intro animation where it absorbs all of the world's slimes, the slime projectiles deal damage and must be dodged.
- When under 50% health, the Astral Slime Deity summons an Astrum Limus.
In Death Mode[edit | edit source]
- All four gel deities can charge at a time
- Goozma's phase 2 spiral attack is always in it's six spoked form.
- Goozma and the gel deities move faster in all phases.
Summons[edit | edit source]
|Ebonian Gel Deity|
|Crimulan Gel Deity|
|Crystallian Gel Deity|
|Astral Gel Deity|
|Upon reaching 50% life in Revengeance Mode|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Focus on the position of each Gel Deity and when they start charging.
- Moving diagonally helps counter Gel Deities' horizontally and vertically aligned charges.
- Pay attention to Astral Gel Deity's health as the player has to be prepared to dodge the stars every 10% of its health lost.
- Running and flying upwards in one direction will ensure that stars don't home in too fast.
- Running and slightly flying upwards will additionally aid in dodging its charges.
- Clearing out all the Empowered Slimes before Phase 2 begins will majorly help in making the phase less chaotic
- When Goozma charges, temporarily stay close to Goozma and circle until Gel Deities start to close in.
- Stay above Empowered Hallowed Slimes and Crystallian Get Bullets as the shards are affected by gravity, making them much harder to dodge from below.
- Players should not stray too far away from Goozma during the Spiral bullets attack as it is harder to outrun Ionized Gel Bullets when farther away.
- Elemental Shiv's high damage output and crowd-control swords are excellent for the fight as long as the player can vertically align with Goozma and the Gel Deities.
- Elemental Disk can quickly decimate the Gel Deities with its splitting projectiles.
- Stellar Contempt is excellent at Phase 2 due to its ability to deal massive damage and ignore iframes.
- The Shredder performs exceptionally well for Phase 1 for its spread of energy bolts
- The Onyx Chain Blaster and Golden Eagle are overall great choices for both phases of the fight.
- Elemental Blaster's homing capabilities is especially useful for Phase 2 because of how fast Goozma is.
- Effervescence and its homing swarm of bubbles help clear out slime spawns as well as dealing great damage to both phases of Goozma.
- Elemental Ray is a fantastic option for clearing out Gel Deities and their slime spawns.
- Elemental Axe and the Energy Staff are great summons for the fight because of their fast-moving and accurate projectiles.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Goozma's theme is Gelatine Retribution, composed by the artist LightningShox.
- It is a remix of Return To Slime, Slime God's theme and it has some motifs from Raw, Unfiltered Calamity, the theme of the Calamitas Clone, Antarctic Reinforcement, Cryogen's theme and Scourge of the Universe, The Devourer of Gods' theme.
- Goozma was originally a scrapped concept for the base Calamity Mod that eventually became Noxus. The concept was later implemented into Calamity Dimensions as a post-Moon Lord boss.
- All of the Gel Deity's old map icons were recolors of the Slime God's map icons, while Goozma's was based off of an older version of its sprite.