Superhardmode (SHM) is a new difficulty mode beyond hardmode in the Exxo Avalon mod. To trigger it, you must first defeat the Wall of Steel. Once that is done, all enemies will become stronger, including hardmode and prehardmode enemies.
It brings new enemies, biomes, ores, and one new Town NPC into the world.
Enemy scaling in Superhardmode[edit | edit source]
- The damage of all enemies except for Crimslimes, Pumpking, and Mourning Wood is multiplied by 2.
- The max HP of all bosses except for Plantera, Pumpking, Mourning Wood, and Santa-NK1 is multiplied by 1.5.
- All other enemies' max HP is multiplied by 2.
- Town NPC defense is multiplied by 2.
Biomes unique to Superhardmode[edit | edit source]
Tropics[edit | edit source]
- The Tropics generates upon entering Superhardmode. It has its own music track, and currently has almost no purpose.
Dark Matter[edit | edit source]
- The Dark Matter biome can only be created after defeating the Armageddon Slime, which drops the Dark Matter Soil Blocks required to create it. This biome is player-made, and the Dark Matter will spread to almost any natural block. This biome is one of the only ways to obtain Dark Matter Gel.
Ores[edit | edit source]
There are 10 total ores that are in Superhardmode. Only 8 can be present in one world, as Pyroscoric and Unvolandite are variants to Tritanorium and Vorazylcum.
- Oblivion Ore
- Primordial Ore
- Kunzite (Gem)
- Opal (Gem)
- Onyx (Gem)
- Tritanorium/Pyroscoric (Upon every odd-numbered Hallowed Altar smash)
- Vorazylcum/Unvolandite (Upon every even-numbered Hallowed Altar smash)
- Hydrolyth (1 in 3 chance to spawn in comets at midnight after entering Superhardmode)
The Iceman[edit | edit source]
The Iceman is an NPC unique to Superhardmode. He will spawn as a bound NPC and must be right clicked to be freed. He sells:
- Frost Core - 2 Gold
- Frost Minnow - 25 Silver
- Soul of Ice - 4 Gold
- Freezethrower - 1 Platinum
- Frosty Spectacle - 50 Silver
- Bag of Frost - 10 Gold
- Ice Torch - 10 Copper
Bosses[edit | edit source]
Enemies unique to Superhardmode[edit | edit source]
There are 20 new enemies that will spawn in Superhardmode, one of them a miniboss.
- Dark Matter Slime
- Cursed Magma Skeleton
- Vampire Harpy
- Armored Wraith
- Guardian Corruptor
- Juggernaut (miniboss)
- Protector Wheel
- Red Aegis Bones
- Armored Hell Tortoise
- Impact Wizard
- Guardian Bones
- Mechanical Digger
- Eye Bones
- Bomb Skeleton
- Unstable Anomaly
- Matter Man
- Man of War