Champion of Life
"A wave of warmth passes over you..."
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Champion of Life’s attacks are all based on the Force of Life’s enchantments.
Expert Mode[edit | edit source]
At 33% HP, it will gain massive damage reduction until it switches to Phase 2. Upon starting Phase 2, recovers all of its HP.
Eternity Mode[edit | edit source]
- Gains a small arena border that loosely follows it around, dealing damage on contact and pulling players back in if they try to leave.
- Gains a third phase.
First phase[edit | edit source]
Champion of Life follows a set pattern, repeating after completing the final attack:
- Shoots a 4-armed spiral of bees. This spiral gradually spins faster, forcing players to dodge individual bees rather than following the spiral.
- Gets under the player, then dashes upwards, leaving a trail of pixies which wander around, trying to touch the player when they get close.
- Summons multiple walls of beetles on one side of the screen, which move towards the player’s direction from the other in zig-zagging walls.
- Shoots out multiple groups of fireballs around itself, which then home in on the player. On impact or at the end of their lifetimes, the fireballs explode into showers of flaming sparks.
- Performs another pixie dash, then immediately starts shooting clockwise spinning deathrays that constantly go in and out of tangibility.
- Periodically shoots cactus orbs at the player, which shortly explode into multiple, gravity affected needles.
Champion of Life goes into phase 2 after reaching 33% health.
Second phase[edit | edit source]
Champion’s 1st phase attacks are improved as follows:
- Spiral is upgraded to have 5 arms.
- Performs the pixie dash in a quicker manner.
- The beetle walls move faster.
- Shoots bigger groups of fireballs.
- Now shoots 6 spinning deathrays, which rotate even faster.
- Shoots more cactus orbs in a more condensed fashion.
The Champion of Life goes into Phase 3 after reaching 33% health again in Eternity Mode. Once it hits 33% HP, it will gain massive damage reduction until it enters Phase 3.
Third phase[edit | edit source]
During this phase, the Champion of Life heals to 33% HP if it has less, stops moving, and shoots 6 deathrays, half spinning clockwise and the rest counter-clockwise, which function the same as its other deathrays (in the sense that they constantly "flicker"). It also constantly shoots out rings of bees.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The music that plays during Champion of Life's battle is Ordeal by Sakuzyo.
- The Champion of Life has the lowest HP of all the Champions, with HP comparable to a late Hardmode boss, but compensates with extremely high damage reduction.
- The boss' design is based on the biblical depiction of angels, particularly Ophanim,Seraphim, and thrones.
- The boss' deathray attacks (both regular and final) resemble attacks used by the boss Irisu in the game Rabi-Ribi.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.9: Introduced.