Champion of Shadow
"The darkness of the night feels deeper..."
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Champion of Shadow’s attacks are all based on the Shadow Force’s enchantments.
Expert Mode[edit | edit source]
Only gains boosted stats.
Eternity Mode[edit | edit source]
- Transitions into second phase at 66% heath.
- Gains a third phase at 33% heath.
First phase[edit | edit source]
The fight starts with Champion of Shadow being surrounded by shadow orbs, which circle quickly around it. The player needs to hit each of these orbs at least once for Champion of Shadow to become vulnerable. The orbs will destroy all projectiles on contact, preventing piercing attacks from working.
Champion of Shadow follows a set pattern, repeating after completing the final attack:
- Creates several beams as a telegraph, before summoning 3 rows of horizontal streams made up of Dungeon Guardians, with a tight gap between each stream.
- Shoots clusters of small fireballs towards the player, which slowly accelerate before spreading out further away.
- Shoots 2 shadow orbs, which explode at the player’s former position into giant flaming scythes that accelerate outwards.
- Rushes quickly at the player’s position to burst out multiple shadow tentacles several times.
- Summons several invincible shadow clones covered in smoke around the player, which begin to charge one after the other (telegraphed by warning beams) before disappearing.
Champion of Shadow goes into phase 2 after reaching 50% health (66% in Expert Mode).
Second phase[edit | edit source]
At the start of this phase, Champion of Shadow becomes invulnerable again, after which its surrounding shadow orbs expand outwards shortly before shooting many shadow scythes outwards. After this attack is over, the player must hit the shadow orbs again in order to proceed with the fight.
Champion’s 1st phase attacks are improved as follows:
- The Dungeon Guardian streams are now vertical.
- Now shoots 2 fireball clusters perpendicularly to the player, which accelerate and home in faster.
- Shoots more shadow orbs, which explode faster and have faster accelerating scythes.
- The tentacle rushes now try to predict the player’s movement.
- More shadow clones are summoned, and they charge in quicker succession.
Champion of Shadow goes into phase 3 after reaching 33% health in Eternity Mode.
Third Phase[edit | edit source]
Champion of Shadow becomes invulnerable once again, after which its surrounding shadow orbs begin pulsing in and outwards, shooting scythes again. The player needs to hit the orbs again in order to proceed with the fight.
- The Dungeon Guardian streams are now both horizontal and vertical.
- Now shoots 3 fireball clusters, 1 towards the player and 2 perpendicularly to the player.
- Shoots 2 shadow orbs at once perpendicularly to the player, which explode faster.
- The tentacle rushes now predict even faster and better.
- More shadow clones are summoned, and 2 of them charge at once.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The music that plays during Champion of Shadow's battle is Ordeal by Sakuzyo.
- The Champion of Shadow's design was heavily based on the character Nanis from the web series Calamity Paint.
- Both characters were designed by Blockaroz.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.9: Introduced.