Champion of Will
|AI Type||Champion of Will AI|
|Damage||120 / 240|
|Max Life||420,000 / 840,000|
"Metallic groans echo from the depths..."
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Champion of Will’s attacks are all loosely based on the Force of Will’s enchantments.
Expert Mode[edit | edit source]
Only gains boosted stats.
Eternity Mode[edit | edit source]
- Its bomb attack now creates a rather small razorblade arena border, which lingers until it shoots another bomb.
- Its third phase transition spawns 8 spears instead of 6.
First phase[edit | edit source]
Champion of Will follows a set pattern, repeating after completing the final attack:
- Performs 4 diagonal dashes towards the player, which it also does in between all its other attacks.
- Launches a bomb that creates 2 lingering deathrays in a cross shape at its position.
- Spawns a group of spears above itself, which launch themselves at the player after a brief delay.
- Breathes a stream of slightly homing fireballs while staying next to the player.
Champion of Will goes into phase 2 after reaching 66% health.
Second phase[edit | edit source]
At the start of this phase, Champion of Will encases itself in an invincible gold shell for 8 seconds and shoots a x-cross deathray bomb, then spawns 6 spears that close in the player in a circle pattern around them. It will do this seven times before it uncases itself.
Once it becomes vulnerable, the Champion’s 1st phase attacks are improved as follows:
- Its bomb is improved, also shooting several razorblades that circle around the bomb’s former location while moving outwards, both clockwise and counter-clockwise.
- Now spawns even more spears, shooting each group in quick succession.
- Its fire breath attack is accompanied with a giant orbital deathray that strikes at the player’s current position, telegraphed by a warning beam.
Champion of Will goes into phase 3 after reaching 33% health.
Third Phase[edit | edit source]
Champion of Will performs the same actions as it did while entering its second phase, then resumes the attacks, which are also further improved.
- Its charges now create two short-lived trails of stationary fireballs.
- Its bomb shoots another denser, but slower wave of razorblades.
- Now spawns even more spears.
- Its fire breath is accompanied with even more deathrays, each appearing in quick succession.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It's appearance, attack pattern, teaser, and name heavily imply that this is a rematch against Duke Fishron, and that he was reconstructed into a mechanical boss similar to the Mechanical Bosses.
- The spear attacks that take place during it's invulnerability phases is directly borrowed from the Undyne the Undying boss, from Undertale.
- The music that plays during Champion of Will's battle is Ordeal by Sakuzyo.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.9: Introduced.