Eridanus, Champion of Cosmos
"The stars are aligning..."
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Attacks[edit | edit source]
Expert Mode[edit | edit source]
Only gains boosted stats.
Eternity Mode[edit | edit source]
Eridanus gains a new 3rd phase at 20% health.
First phase[edit | edit source]
Eridanus follows a set pattern, repeating after completing the final attack:
- Eridanus forms a ring of solar fireballs around itself, then charges towards the player 3 times from either the left upper side or the right upper side.
- Eridanus creates a vortex at the player’s current location, which forms the second after to attract the player towards it. While this happens, it shoots 3 lightning bolts that rotate clockwise.
- Eridanus stands a certain distance next to the player, then starts shooting 2 arcs of nebula projectiles around the player. A reticle then appears, which predicts the player’s movement for 2 seconds before bombarding meteors at the reticle's position. A new reticle will appear 2 more times.
- Eridanus stops time, then spawns multiple flow invader projectiles around the players, which are all an equal distance to each other, and slowly close into the player after time resumes.
Eridanus goes into phase 2 after reaching 80% health.
Second phase[edit | edit source]
As with the first phase, Eridanus follows a set pattern that repeats after the final attack:
- Eridanus’ solar attack is improved, charging 4 times while making the charges faster and used in quicker succession.
- Eridanus moves above the player before charging and creating a big deathray, which then spawns more deathrays along itself that shoot out horizontally.
- Eridanus’ vortex attack is improved, spawning faster, and the 3 lightning bolts rotate even faster anti-clockwise.
- Eridanus launches phantasmal eyes at the player’s current position 3 times, then dashes at the player in an horizontal manner, forming a huge deathray.
- Eridanus’ nebula attack is improved, with the nebula arc being tighter, and the reticle meteor bombardements happening faster.
- Eridanus shoots three deathrays at the player, before charging upwards and creating a bigger one that spawns even more deathrays in a spiral manner around itself.
- Eridanus’ stardust attack is improved, spawning even more flow invaders, which move faster.
- Eridanus shoots nine deathrays at the player.
In Eternity Mode, Eridanus goes into its third phase after reaching 20% health.
Third Phase[edit | edit source]
Eridanus becomes engulfed in explosions and temporarily goes invulnerable. He then stops moving, traps the player in an arena of Phantasmal Eyes, and spawns 2 huge moons which circle around him clockwise, periodically crashing into each other. Every time the moons collide, he will launch one of 4 attacks in another set pattern:
- Eridanus spawns a large ring of solar fireballs, which then propel themselves towards the player with slight homing.
- Eridanus fires a ring of fast moving lightning bolts.
- Eridanus launches a ring of nebula projectiles, which strongly home onto the player for 1 second before losing most of their homing power.
- Eridanus propels 2 rings of flow invaders, the first going much faster than the second.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The music that plays during Eridanus' boss battle is Ordeal by Sakuzyo.
- Eridanus is the name of a Supervoid, a vast starless area in space.
- This name is also shared with a constellation often depicted as a river.
- If Deviantt is nearby during the fight, Eridanus will temporarily ignore the player to violently attack her.
- Eridanus' time freeze does not only affect the player, freezing all enemies (including bosses) and projectiles as well.
- Eridanus' time-stopping attack is reminiscent of various attacks used by Sakuya Izayoi from the Touhou Project, where she freezes time and surrounds the player character with knives in the frozen time, which then converge on them when time resumes. A similar attack is also used by DIO in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, with many aspects of the aforementioned character and the Stardust Enchantment Eridanus represents both being references to the show.
- In addition, the sound effect when Eridanus uses the time freeze is the same sound effect used by DIO's stand The World in the 2014 anime adaptation (which is also used for the Stardust Enchantment).
- Eridanus' phantasmal eye attack in his second phase is almost identical to the opening attack used by the boss Shen Doragon Awakened from the Ancients Awakened mod, who was programmed by the same developer.
- Eridanus is the only Champion to have a proper name rather than only being referred to by their title. It is also the only one that drops items besides the two random Enchantments for their respective Force, that being the Eridanus Armor.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.9: Introduced.