Eternity Mode/General Changes
Eternity Mode has a wide number of general changes to the game on top of Expert Mode. This includes adjustments of vanilla mechanics, buffing certain hostile projectiles, rebalancing existing weapons or equipment, as well as a wide variety of quality of life changes.
General[edit | edit source]
- A Mutant Statue generates near the player's spawn in newly-created worlds.
- Turning on Eternity Mode always activates Expert Mode as well.
- Deviantt spawns when Eternity Mode is activated, gives a starter pack to players, and has new dialogue to provide tips and warnings for the player, lines change with progression.
- Spawn rates are multiplied by 1.1x and max spawns are multiplied by 1.25x.
- Bosses prevent normal enemies from spawning while the boss is alive.
- Bosses will drop their summon item when spawned if they have not been defeated yet. This includes Betsy and the Sibling Bosses.
- All bosses will prevent other bosses from naturally spawning, except during a blood moon.
- All mobs drop 40% more coins (this stacks with Expert Mode's x2.5, total x3.5).
- Falling far enough to receive fall damage inflicts Dazed for 2 seconds. Fall damage immunity prevents it entirely.
- Lightning bolts do increased damage and inflict Electrified.
- Water always inflicts Lethargic when submerged unless the player has a buff or accessory that allows them to swim.
- Slimed debuff slows the player and shortens their jump height.
- Shadowflame debuff causes damage over time (which it does not do in vanilla because it cannot normally be inflicted to players).
- Flame Traps and Geysers always inflict On Fire!
- Using the Nurse during a boss fight causes the Recovering debuff, disabling the Nurse for its duration
- On Fire! wears off faster when the player is above ground and not in front of any background walls during the rain.
- All cacti can damage players that walk through them. The Sands of Time grant immunity to this.
- Breaking 2+ Shadow Orbs immediately triggers Goblin Invasion if the player hasn't already defeated Goblins and conditions to start an invasion are satisfied.
- Defeating Goblins for the first time spawns Abominationn to join your NPC town.
- Rain and Sandstorm are disabled until a boss is defeated or Abominationn joins the player's town.
Balance[edit | edit source]
All weapon stat changes are applied directly to the weapon's base stats. As a result, they are multiplicative with all other modifiers.
|Shoots harmless water||Water Bolt|
|-33% damage||Demon Scythe|
|-15% damage||Space Gun|
|+25% damage||Sky Dragon's Fury|
- All Arrows, Bullets, and Darts damage reduced by 80%.
- Other ammo types damage reduced by 20%.
- Crystal Bullets and Holy Arrows can only spawn projectiles on hit up to 4 times per second.
- Chlorophyte Bullets travel much slower and despawn quickly.
- Archery Potion, Magic Quiver, and Shroomite armor headpieces give additive damage bonuses instead of multiplicative.
- Titanium armor Shadow Dodge triggers the Holy Price debuff, reducing damage by 33% for 15 seconds.
- Spectre armor healing orbs move much slower and despawn quickly.
- Vampire Knives healing has its activation rate reduced by 50%.
- Frozen Turtle Shell has its damage reduction reduced from 25% to 15%.
Biome Debuffs[edit | edit source]
Many biomes in the game inflict debuffs onto the player:
- Rain inflicts Wet when the player isn't in front of a background wall or holding an umbrella.
- Snow biome inflicts Hypothermia during snowstorms if the player is not in front of a background wall and its water eventually inflicts Frozen.
- Water in the Jungle inflicts Poisoned.
- Space causes the player to gradually lose breath and then inflicts Suffocation. This can be prevented with the Mystic Skull.
- The Underworld inflicts On Fire! This can be prevented with an Obsidian Skull, Obsidian Skin Potion, or Lava Charm.
- Touching cobwebs in a Spider Nest inflicts Webbed.
- The Corruption inflicts Darkness. Its water and cacti inflict Cursed Inferno.
- The Crimson inflicts Bleeding. Its water and cacti inflict Ichor.
- Underground Hallow inflicts Flipped. All hallow water and cacti inflict Confused.
- Blood Moon inflicts Water Candle.
- Jungle Temple inflicts Lihzahrd Curse, preventing the player from using any wire-related items or destroying any traps. This debuff is not prevented by Pure Heart, but can be removed by reaching the Lihzahrd Altar, which grants Lihzahrd Blessing.
Biome debuffs can be collectively prevented by equipping the Pure Heart. Debuffs caused by entering water can be prevented with Mutant Antibodies. Debuffs caused by cactus damage can be prevented with Sands of Time. In particular, the Flipped debuff applied by the underground Hallow can also be resisted with a Gravitation Potion, which prevents Flipped's effects from applying (though the debuff itself is still given to the player).