The Destroyer (Eternity Mode)
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
The Destroyer fires Death Lasers rapidly from its segments. These lasers have increased accuracy with less random variation on their aim and their speed scales based on the distance between the player and the segment that fired it. Its head also attempts to ram the player as in Expert Mode. When a segment is damaged enough, the segment's light turns dim, and it releases a Probe. Probes have 450 health and constantly circle the player until killed, acting as meatshields; they never attempt to damage the player. If a segment's light is dim, it loses the ability to fire Death Lasers and instead fires homing Dark Stars, though less frequently. These Dark Stars act identically to Eternity Mode Brain of Cthulhu's phase 1 Golden Showers. The rate of Dark Star fire increases as The Destroyer's health decreases.
Under 75% health, The Destroyer enters phase 2.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
The Destroyer gains the ability to fly and can ram the player more effectively, with its speed increasing as its health decreases. It also gains a coil attack, where it circles the player and fires unique Death Lasers and bursts of homing Dark Stars. These Death Lasers are fired from the edge of the coil and accelerate inwards, fading as they reach the middle of the coil. The amount of lasers in the coil increases as the boss's health decreases. The Destroyer also gains 100% damage reduction during the coil.
Under 10% health, The Destroyer enters phase 3.
Phase 3[edit | edit source]
The Destroyer enters an endless coil until defeated. It will rapidly fire homing Dark Stars in a clockwise pattern, though it still has the Death Lasers from the previous phase. It starts with 100% damage reduction, but this diminishes to 50% as the attack goes on. In phase 3, all of The Destroyer's defense is removed.
Debuffs[edit | edit source]
Segments[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Probes don't drop healing hearts on death, unlike in Expert Mode.
- The Destroyer has pierce resistance, meaning it will take less damage from a projectile the more it pierces through its segments.
- If the player has Lightning Rod, the Dark Stars during the phase 2 coil attack are fired less frequently.
- The Destroyer drops Some Kind of Metallic Worm on spawn if it hasn't been defeated yet.
- If Plantera is defeated, The Destroyer can spawn naturally during night time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If the Eternity Mode Recolors option is turned on in the Mod Configurations menu, it resembles Gunmetal.