- Item (Quantity)Rate
Athazel is a Hardmode boss that is fought in The Underworld. She is particularly difficult for unprepared players, and she is fought in a hostile environment, so be careful before challenging her.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Athazel does not spawn on her own and requires a Trident of Doom to be summoned.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Athazel, very much like The Twins, hovers toward the player indefinitely without making any pauses or charges. During this time, she spew out rings of purple flames before trying to directly target them with lava ball shots and halos. She will then summon a Red Devil to assist her in battle, after spewing out four trident projectiles herself. Afterwards, she will turn invisible and summon three mirror images of herself, with the real one gave away with the presence of a health bar.
If the player attempts to leave The Underworld, Athazel will become completely invulnerable to all damage, instantly kill the player on contact and reach incredible speeds.
Notes and Tips[edit | edit source]
- The long bridge method used to battle the Wall of Flesh will also work with Athazel.
- Athazel's speed is set according to the player's distance, meaning she cannot be outrun.
- Using weapons that pierce more than one enemy is an effective way to deal with the Red Devils that Athazel summons.
- Using homing weapons will help when Athazel summons her duplicates, as it will always attack her directly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Athazel's theme is Dime Dropped, which is composed by the artist Shadow Figure.
Weapons • Armor • Accessories • Tools • Blocks • Furniture • Crafting materials • Miscellaneous
Mechanics ( Achievements • Buffs )
NPCs ( Enemies • Town NPCs • 20px Minibosses • Bosses)