Scrolls are quest items that are obtained from the Wordsmith. Each scroll has a quest written upon it that can also be checked with Wordsmith, along with quest progress. The difficulty of the quest is dependant on the tier of the scroll. There are four different tiers of scrolls:
- Tier 1: Novice (e.g. Kill <number 2-5> <early-game boss>)
- Tier 2: Extra (e.g. Kill <number 5-9> <hardmode boss>)
- Tier 3: Legendary (e.g. Defeat <boss> without getting hit)
- Tier 4: Epic (e.g. Defeat <boss1>, <boss2> and <boss3> simultaneously)
Possible Outcomes[edit | edit source]
Tier 1, the Novice tier, only focuses on a quantity of enemy kills. Only a number between 12 and 29 will be given.
Tier 2, the Extra tier, only focuses on a quantity of event enemy kills. Only a number between 6 and 12 will be given. This does not include modded events.
Tier 3, the Legendary tier, primarily focuses on a quantity of boss kills, ranging from 10 to 19. There is a 1/3 chance that the scroll will order the player to beat a certain boss without taking damage.
- The encounter is only registered if the player is holding the scroll in their inventory. Additionally, taking a hit under these circumstances will result in instant death.
Tier 4, the Epic tier, gets a trio of boss enemies and orders the player to beat all of them at the same time. Beating one or two of the trio members at a time alone does not contribute to the scroll.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
When the quest is completed, the Wordsmith will give the holder of the scroll a reward. Rewards also depend on scroll tier.