Shift, Defender of Space
|AI Type||Shift, Defender of Space AI|
|Damage||Normal: 50 / 90 / 240|
Enraged: 100 / 180 / 480
|Max Life||82,000 / 108,500 / 165,000|
Shift, Defender of Space is a mid-Hardmode boss that can only be fought at night. It is one of the most difficult bosses in the Hardmode part of Jetshift Mod, so caution should be taken when trying to defeat this boss. While this boss is meant to be fought before Plantera, if players are struggling, they should get better equipment before trying to fight this boss again.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Shift does not spawn on his own and requires a Forbidden Gem to be summoned.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
When Shift spawns, the background will turn dark purple and everywhere will be lit up. During this time, Shift will indefinitely hover towards his target, while spraying out three bullets and dashing periodically. Overtime, it will change forms:
- Shift will detach his own hands and they will dash towards the player at a fast pace. When the hands are "killed", they will reattach to Shift's main body.
- Shift will detach his own head and he will also dash towards the player at a faster pace than the hands and the main body himself.
- Shift will detach both hands and head, allowing for potential danger.
- Shift will turn into a spinning cannon and lunge himself towards the player, while also performing extremely fast dashes.
- Shift will turn himself into a flying cannon and launch energy blasts at the player.
- Shift will turn grey and remain idle for some time, ready to transform into an enraged state. To prevent the enraged state from happening, the player(s) must deal 6,000 damage to Shift, after which he will revert back to his first initial phase. If they fail to do so, Shift will become enraged and will never return to his normal form.
- Enraged forms of Shift are exactly the same as his previous phases, but he's much faster and takes much less damage.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Certainly your death will make them approve of me..." (When summoned)
- "I cannot fail them, for your might will ruin this world!" (When below 10% HP)
- "Given enough time, you’ll know pain." (When the player fails to cancel the cocoon phase)
- "The legion has a grim future ahead of it..." (When defeated)
- "You really are weaker than I anticipated. Pitiful." (When the player dies during the fight)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Shift's theme is Static Shift, by Shadow Figure.
Weapons • Armor • Accessories • Tools • Blocks • Furniture • Crafting materials • Miscellaneous
Mechanics ( Achievements • Buffs )
NPCs ( Enemies • Town NPCs • 20px Minibosses • Bosses)