- Item (Quantity)Rate
The Cactus Person is a town NPC that sells cactus-based items and Weather Stars. The Cactus Person will attack by hacking Sticky Cactus at enemies. Will move into a house in the Desert after the Grand Cactus Worm is slain.
The Cactus Person will trail growing cacti behind it as he walks as if he is wearing Cactus Boots
Items sold[edit | edit source]
Names[edit | edit source]
The Cactus Person may have any of the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Cacti come in many forms, Saguaro, Barrel, Cactuar, Cactoid, Person, Worm..."
- "Hows the weather for you? If you don't like it, try out one of my weather stars! Effects saguaranteed!"
- "Fish love the taste of cactus, that's why we live in the desert where there is no fish."
- "Have you ever thought that we are just pets kept in the Terrarium of some unspeakably massive creature beyond mortal comprehension?"
- "*Sigh*... Bapanada"
- "Do you happen to have a vacancy in the desert?"
When not homeless
- "It's so nice of you to have built a house for me"
During a Sandstorm
- "It's best to stay inside during this weather lest you be buffeted and blown away"
- "It's nice to get some moisture here now and then"
During a Blood Moon
- "AACK It's raining blood!"
During a Blood Moon:
- "Why does a lunar eclipse equate to monsters everywhere!?"
- "Please make sure the doors are properly barricaded."
- "Those flesh monster are abosulutely horrific!"
During a Solar Eclipse:
- "This is even worse than a lunar eclipse!"
- "I'm scared! I don't want to become a vampire!"
- "Those eclipse monsters can't get us while we're down here, right?"
When not Underground
- "I want to go hide underground until this is over!"
When in a Snow Biome:
- "It's pricking cold here! Why am I here!?"
When Truffle is present
- "I can sympathize with [Name of Truffle]; it's not easy being a tasty sentient plant surrounded by mammals."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Cactus Person is based off of a screenshot shown in a video by HERO that appeared to be then-upcoming content for 1.2, however the NPC never made it into the game. It is unknown whether it was scrapped or if the screenshot was fabricated.
- The quote "*Sigh*... Bapanada" is a reference to Iselda, one of the shop NPCs in Hollow Knight where she says the same line.