Gilgamesh and Enkidu
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Gilgamesh is accompanied by his sidekick Enkidu to pursue the player.
Gilgamesh moves and leaps through tiles to pursue the player. He dashes forward & thrusts a naginata attempting to poke the player or will simply use it when the player is within melee range, he may also throw 2 tomahawks at the player.
Enkidu flies erratically through tiles casting a spread of wind storms that travel diagonally towards the player and can cast a cascade of wind storms above the player that travel downward.
When Gilgamesh's health drops to zero, he transforms into his second phase.
|Damage||140 / 196 (Melee) |
100/ 200 (Naginata)
90/ 180 (Flail)
90 / 180 (Axe)
70 / 140 (Kunai)
80 / 160 (Gunblade)
100 / 200 (Buster Sword Beam)
150/ 300 (Finishing Touch)
300 / 600 (Bitter End)
300 / 600 (Ultimate Illusion)
200/ 400 (Masamune)
15 (A Thousand Swords)
300 / 600 (Gilgamesh's Wrath)
150/ 300 (Lightning)
2/ 4 (Excalipoor)
|Max Life||400000/ 500000|
|Debuff duration||10 seconds (Flail) |
|Debuff tooltip||Defense cut in half.|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- (5 - 15)100%
Gilgamesh transforms and gains many more attacks.
As Gilgamesh's health lowers he will start incorporating other attacks into his attack pattern
- Throws an axe linked to a chain that returns when it hits a tile or when it reaches its max distance. The axe is affected by gravity. (always)
- Spins a flail around him when the player is within melee range. (always)
- Thrusts a naginata when in melee range of the player. (always)
- Throws three kunai that are affected by gravity at the player. (always)
- Swings the masamune charging forward doing so. (75% health) At 25% health he will swing Masamune twice in succession.
- Summons a portal behind him initiating a thousand swords. While active the portal faces the player & summons swords which ignore I-frames & defense. (70% health)
- Freezes in place and draws the Buster Sword, shortly after he will swing the sword upward flinging a fast projectile at the player. (50% health) At 30% health he will instead draw Buster Sword & leap while swinging it.
- Aims the gunblade at the player & fires a high speed projectile. (65% health)
- Swings Excalipoor flinging a small projectile dealing pitiful damage. (90% health)
- Summons an ultimate illusion rift which collapses into a small dot before bursting sending 36 projectiles outward. (30% health)
- Holds up masamune and charges a large sphere of lightning which he will fling at the player when fully charged. (25% health)
- At 30% health Gilgamesh will start holding up his shield, though this appears to have no affect against the player's attacks & is purely visual.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- After defeating Gilgamesh and Enkidu, it becomes possible to fish the "legendary stones" from their respective biomes.
- The Stone of Evil from the Crimson and the Corruption biomes respectively.
- The Stone of Death from the Dungeon.
- The Stone of Overgrowth from the Surface and Underground jungle.
- The Stone of Fire from the Underworld. (note: The Stone of Fire was fished with a Hotline Fishing Hook in lava.)
- Fishing the Stones can be difficult since the odds of finding them through fishing seems low
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Gilgamesh and his sidekick, Enkidu, are recurring characters in the Final Fantasy series. Their battle music in the Joostmod comes from Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.
- Gilgamesh and Enkidu are from the myth of Uruk in Mesopotamia.
- The bosses' sprites are based on their in-battle appearance from Final Fantasy V.