Grand Cactus Worm
|AI Type||Grand Cactus Worm AI|
|Damage||Head: 50 / 69
Body: 35 / 48 Tail: 25 / 34Cactus Thorns/Balls: 30 / 60
|Max Life||15000 / 21000|
Body: 0Tail: 15
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- (5 - 15)100%
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Grand Cactus Worm's movements synchronize with the battle music, assuming that the game is never paused during the fight.
When the boss first spawns, it charges downward, goes right, then up. It tracks the player with its head above them while spawning bouncing cactus thorns from its body and shooting cactus balls from its mouth. After a few seconds, the worm charges straight down and repeats the same segment, except from below the player. It then charges directly at the player multiple times, followed by shooting a couple cactus balls.
The cycle then repeats, as does the music.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The cactus thorns can be destroyed by any weapon.
- The cactus balls create many cactus thorns on impact.
- The body segments take half damage from piercing projectiles.
- On Expert mode, when below 1/7th max life the body segments become immune to all forms of damage.
- The worm's eyes turn red before it charges.
- After it is defeated Cactus Worms spawn 60% less often.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The music that plays during the boss fight is from Metroid: Zero Mission. It plays during the Deorem fight, which is a giant worm the Grand Cactus Worm is based off of.
History[edit | edit source]
- 0.?: Introduced.
|Grand Cactus Worm |
| • |
• • • •