|Tooltip||Creates X Parasites periodically|
X Parasites infect the target, dealing damage over time and making them create more x parasites on death
Red parasites make the target drop hearts and are scaled by ranged damage
Green parasites make the target drop an energy orb and are scaled by throwing damage
Blue parasites make the target drop mana stars and are scaled by magic damage
Yellow parasites make the target drop more money and are scaled by melee damage
Grants immunity to knockback and infection
The X-Shield is a Post-Moon Lord accessory obtained from the SA-X's treasure bag in Expert Mode. While equipped, the shield periodically spawns X Parasites around the player which attack enemies automatically. The X inflict an Infected debuff which deals damage over time and spawns more X when the victim dies.
The debuff's secondary effect depends on the X's color.
- Red parasites cause the target to drop hearts, at a rate that scales with the player's ranged damage bonuses.
- Green parasites cause the target to drop an energy orb which scales with the player's throwing damage bonuses.
- Blue parasites cause the target to drop mana stars, at a rate that scales with the player's magic damage bonuses.
- Yellow parasites cause the target to drop more money which scales with the player's melee damage bonuses.
The X-Shield also grants the holder +10 defense, as well as immunity to knockback and all four Infected debuffs from enemy X-Parasites.
Notes[edit | edit source]
The X-Shield could be considered a direct upgrade to the Spore Sac, as the X Parasites it creates deal drastically more damage.
History[edit | edit source]
- 0.8: Sprite updated. Now grants +10 defense and immunity to knockback. X-Parasites reworked.
- 0.4: Introduced
• • • •