Perhaps the greatest sorcerer to ever live, and definitely the oldest living one.
— The Traveller's Journal
The Dungeon Constructor is a Hardmode Boss meant to be fought after Plantera but before Golem. He is a powerful adversary, casting a myriad of spells and cycling through forms which mirror the different dungeon magic enemies' elements.
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Dungeon Constructor teleports randomly around the arena and remains stationary while casting 2-3 spells he will then teleport somewhere else and repeat.
The Dungeon Constructor will switch between the four type of magic used by dungeon casters (Fire, Shadow, Water and Soul) indicated by the colour of the magic platform he stands on, the set of spells he is able to use depends on the type of magic he is using:
Fire[edit | edit source]
- Firing 1-2 bursts of 6 fast moving Inferno Winds at the player.
- Firing a spread of 4 Exploding Infernos like those castes by Diabolists.
- Raining a barrage of Sunbringer Flares down on the player.
- Summoning Phanton Phoenixes that fly across the screen
- Summoning a swarm of Chaos Flares in a semicircle around himself that home in on the player after a short time.
- Summoning a swarm of Profaned Suns above the player that shoot Profaned Fireballs at them before exploding.
- Fire 2 Sunlight Bolts that constantly fire 4 Sun Beams which rotate around the original Bolt.
Water[edit | edit source]
- Summoning several Electrocution Fields on top of the player.
- Firing 4 Tidal Smites at the player which each constantly release smaller Tidal Shards above and below as they travel.
- Summoning a group of 8 Tempests that constantly chase the player and fire Mini Sharkrons at them.
- Summoning trails of Small Bubbles from random directions around the player that fly from one edge of the screen to the other
- Throws three arcing flasks at the player that explode into 8 Water Bolts upon collision.
- Firing 3 bursts of 2-3 Water Bolts.
- Summons a group Volatile Bubbles in random places around himself which exploding into a cross or X shape of Tidal Shards when either killed or after a short time and a group of Stable Bubbles that follow him around which block projectiles.
Soul[edit | edit source]
- Summoning 3 temporary Wisp Sentries that shoot Soul Darts at the player.
- Firing 2-3 swarms Soul Darts at the player in a large spread that slow down as they move until becoming stationary.
- Summoning a temporary Giant Wisp Sentry that constantly fires a large amount of Liberated Spirits around itself.
- Summoning 2 waves of 6 homing Dungeon Spirits around himself.
- Creating a fountain of Revenant Spirits like that summoned by the Rising Revenants underneath where the player was standing.
- Fire 2-3 bursts of 3 Soul Spears in a wide spread.
Shadow[edit | edit source]
- Summoning 1-2 swarms of Shadow Blasts from the top left or right of the screen that curve upwards after a short time.
- Creating stationary Death Runes around the arena.
- Rapdily firing a barrage Shadowflame Blasts at the player.
- Creating a bullet hell of Necromancy Expansums around himself.
- Fires 3 large Necromancy Balls at the player which explode into a ring of Shadowflames on collision with tiles
- Fires 6 trails of 3 bouncing Dark Orbs at the player.
- Summons a group of Haunted flames which home in on the player and explode.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
When below 75% health The Dungeon Constructor will begin to charge at the player 4 times trailing himself in either, Bubbles, Demon Scythes, Fireballs or Dungeon Spirits depending on which type of magic he's using.
Phase 3[edit | edit source]
When Below 50% The Dungeon Constructor's head will detach from his body and chase the player for a short time before disappearing while the body will continue to attack with increased speed and he will also have a chance to use his Astral Magic attack.
Astral Magic Attack[edit | edit source]
- The Dungeon Constructor will become invulnerable and disappear, several outlines of stars will flash around the arena as Giants Stars rain down when they reach where an outline had been they explode into several massive rings of Fallen Stars.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Black Belt can be a lifesaver, granting the ability to dodge the Constructor's more powerful attacks if you get trapped.
- The Philosopher's Stone is also extremely useful, as in all boss fights.
- Potions can very easily make a difference between life and death, more so in expert mode
- It is recommended to fight him the Experiment Hall although he can be fought anywhere in the Dungeon.
- Getting trapped can mean death, so space to move around freely is crucial. If you get stuck, The Rod of Discord and Tabi can help with this.
- Unlike most bosses, having an increased jump height can actually disadvantage the player in this fight, due to precise movements being required to outmaneuver the Constructor rather than pure speed.
Notes[edit | edit source]
The Dungeon Constructor cannot currently be fought in multiplayer as he despawn very shortly after being summoned even if on screen.