Heart of the Cavern
Heart of the Cavern
|AI Type||Heart of the Cavern AI|
|Max Life||20,000 20,000|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- 100% (From treasure bag)
The Heart of the Cavern is a Pre-Hardmode boss.
Summoning[edit | edit source]
The heart of the cavern cannot spawn on its own and is summoned with the Tainted Crystal Chunk.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
- When the boss is summoned, it will teleport all players into an arena.
- The arena is unmineable and the boss is in the center.
- It acts like a celestial pillar and will spawn various Rock Critters, Rock Guardians And Gemflyers to fight you.
- After defeating a certain amount of Rock Critters, it will summon nine stone sentries.
- The boss will also summon Cave Writherers.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
- The Heart of the Cavern awakens, its one eye opens, marking the beginning of phase 2. This happens when enough rock critters are killed.
- It begins to fire gembolts out of the asteroids orbiting it in various dazzling patterns. On top of this, the main eye itself will fire a enormous rainbow laser blast, similar to the Moon Lord once in a while.
- As its health depletes, its damage increases and its attacks get more hectic. It also introduces several new attacks.
- At 75%, 50% and 25% health, it will summon a group of Gem Critters to fight for it, making it immune temporarily again. You must defeat all the Stone Sentries in order to damage the Heart again. During this period, its attacks are less frequent.
- In expert, at 50% health, it summons a Chromagickal Crystal to fight for it, which pursues the player and fires a miniature version of the Heart's rainbow laser. The crystal can be killed.
Minions[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When the heart of the cavern is summoned, it will teleport all players into this arena shown above
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Attempting to teleport out of the arena during the fight causes the player to rapidly lose life for each moment spent outside the arena.