The Ghostwriter is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following criteria has been met:
She sells Books, a new class of tools that provide mutually exclusive boss-themed buffs after each associated boss is defeated, and miscellaneous items related to them. She cannot defend herself against enemies, but also does not take any damage from any enemies other than ghosts, wraiths, and reapers in exchange, simply passing through harmlessly.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|3 75||Always available.|
|5||After King Slime is defeated.|
|5||After Storm Cloudfish is defeated.|
|5||After Eye of Cthulhu is defeated.|
|5||After Star Construct is defeated.|
|5||After Eater of Worlds is defeated.|
|5||After Brain of Cthulhu is defeated.|
|5||After Gigabat is defeated.|
|5||After Queen Bee is defeated.|
|5||After Skeletron is defeated.|
|5||After Wall of Flesh is defeated.|
|5||After Sun Pixie is defeated.|
|5||After The Twins are defeated.|
|5||After The Destroyer is defeated.|
|5||After Skeletron Prime is defeated.|
|5||After Esophage is defeated.|
|5||After Plantera is defeated.|
|5||After Golem is defeated.|
|5||After Eclipxie is defeated.|
|5||After Duke Fishron is defeated.|
|5||After The Polarities are defeated.|
|5||After Lunatic Cultist is defeated.|
|5||After Moon Lord is defeated.|
Names[edit | edit source]
The Ghostwriter may have any of the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I wanna go home."
- "My ability to touch things is very inconsistent."
- "Do you have any book recommendations? I'm always looking for new things to read."
After Eye of Cthulhu is defeated:
- "I see everything... muahaha..."
After Skeletron is defeated:
- "The books in the dungeon were mine once, but they've fallen apart in the damp environment."
When Arms Dealer is present:
- "Yippee ki-yay, mother-"
When Tavernkeep is present:
- "<name of Tavernkeep> is from another dimension? Sounds like a crossover to me."
When Clothier is present:
- "Give <name of Clothier> a hug for me, okay?"
When Stylist is present:
- "<name of Stylist> likes me. I think it's because I can eavesdrop on everyone."
When Mechanic is present:
- "<name of Mechanic> is officially my mom until my real mom gets back."
When Angler is present:
- "<name of Angler> is such a jerk!"
When Wizard is present:
- "I tried to borrow a book from <name of Wizard> once. It did nothing. I was quite disappointed."
When Santa Claus is present:
- "I told Santa Claus that I don't celebrate Christmas. He was very understanding."
When Guide is present and the world is in hardmode:
- "<name of Guide> and I are a lot alike. Except for the part where I'm a ghost. That's a pretty significant difference."
When Dryad is present and the world is in hardmode:
- "<name of Dryad> says the Hallow is good and only exists to cleanse imperfection. For someone so old, she's quite naive."
After The Twins have been defeated:
- "My Retinazer/Spazmatism fic is coming along well. Thanks for asking. Why are you turning green?"
After The Destroyer has been defeated:
- "I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. Oh, it's from something I read."
During the Blood Moon:
- "Everyone seems really on edge. I don't see what the big deal is."
During the Frost Moon:
- "What in the world is all this?"
- "I don't celebrate Christmas, but it's nice to see everyone so happy."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Several of her lines suggest she is actually a child, which may explain her near inability to die, similarly to the Angler; ironically, as a ghost, she is technically already dead.
- A ghostwriter is a writer hired to write something credited to another person.