The Divine Light
|AI Type||The Divine Light AI|
|Damage||24 / 21 (contact)|
18 / 28 (Barrier Spread and Caelite Saw)
|Max Life||4200/ 5000|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
You have activated my sacred altar... but you are not one of my disciples... and thus I see you as an enemy. Leave this fortress! and never return!
— The Divine Light
The Divine Light is a Pre-Hardmode boss for the Sky Fortress. It is intended to be fought at around the same time as Queen Bee. Compared to Queen Bee, this boss has more health and defense, but it does less damage.
While The Divine Light is alive, the music Higher Being will play.
Summoning[edit | edit source]
The Divine Light is summoned by using a Pendant of the Sky God at the Fortress's altar.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Divine Light will fly through the fortress away from the player. If it reaches the edge of the fortress, then it will teleport and move towards the fortress. If the player stays too far away from the boss for too long the boss will heal at a rate of 60 health per second until the player gets closer.
The boss will pick a random attack every 2 seconds:
- It has a 1/2 (or 2/3 if healing barrier is already active) chance of firing 3 Barrier Spread projectiles in a spread. These projectiles will delete friendly projectiles and give or extend potion sickness by 10 seconds.
- It has a 1/6 chance of firing 7 large stationary Deflect projectiles in a large spread. If a friendly projectile touches one of these, it will be replaced with a deflected projectile that can damage the player.
- It will have a 1/6 chance of shooting 5/9 high velocity bouncing Caelite Saw projectiles that inflict Caelite Wrath for 10/20 seconds reducing the damage that the player deals by 20%.
- If healing barrier isn't active it will have a 1/6 chance of summoning 8 Healing Barriers that orbit it. If the player doesn't destroy these barriers within 15/12 seconds the boss will heal for every barrier left.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When the player approaches Protector Volt (initiating the battle):
The Divine Light says the following in sequence:
- "You have activated my sacred altar... but you are not one of my disciples... and thus I see you as an enemy. Leave this fortress! and never return!"
- "... so be it"
- "Fool, your pride shall bring your end..."
The Divine Light says this on future summons:
- "What part of 'NEVER RETURN' did you not understand? Such foolishness will bring forth your demise..."
The Divine Light says this if the player leaves the fortress during the introduction sequence:
- "now do not bother coming back!"
The Divine Lights says this if the player gets too far away from it:
- "Either you're slower than a mollusket or you're trying to heal, you know I'll do that if you don't keep up..."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is one of only two bosses in the mod that speaks, the other being Rune Ghost