The Geiger-Muller is a Hardmode accessory that can be bought for 20 50 from the Friendly T-Bot. The Geiger-Muller serves as an informational accessory, allowing the player to see their current level of radiation poisoning and to warn the player from entering irradiated biomes such as the Wasteland, the Abandoned Lab or from being at proximity of hazardous materials such as Uranium, Plutonium and Corium. When entering irradiated areas, the Geiger-Muller creates clicks based on the amount of radiations, the more radiations the player takes, the more clicks are created.
If the player suffered from radiation poisoning, the Geiger-Muller will show the amount of radiation the player has suffered from by hovering the mouse over it. The levels of radiation poisoning are as follow:
- No doses of radiation detected on self, nothing to note.
- Low doses of radiation detected on self, nothing to note.
- High doses of radiation detected on self, have teochrome-issued pills on hand just in case.
- Very high doses of radiation detected on self, high chance of irradiation and suffering ARS.
- Extreme doses of radiation detected on self, Acute Radiation Syndrome detected.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Geiger-Muller will not create clicks while holding radioactive materials from the inventory.
- It isn't required to equip the Geiger-Muller from the accessory slots in order to work, so it is recommended to simply have it in the inventory.
- The amount of clicks not only depends on the player's proximity to radioactive ores, but also on their level of protection against radiations. One could be at close proximity from a chunk of Uranium then wear a Hazmat Suit, the Geiger-Muller's clicks will halt.