A work of genius, perfect at wiping out a large group of enemies in an instant.
While MACE Project is alive, the music Boreal Defendant will play.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
MACE Project does not spawn on its own and is only summoned by right-clicking the monitor in the Abandoned Lab's Omicron Sector, unlocked after defeating Protector Volt.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
MACE Project is initially stationary, hanging from the ceiling of the room. It will hit players with a variety of projectile attacks in a fixed order. The frequency and number of its attacks go up as it loses health.
- Roars, firing a ring of fireballs.
- Launches bombs that create lingering electric fields, similar to an Electrosphere Launcher.
- Fires laser pairs and spreads of fireballs.
- Fires aimed pairs of green lasers in between attacks.
At low health (about 33%), a warning alarm will sound as MACE Project switches out its attack order.
- Shoots a large fireball that bounces around the room. After five bounces, it explodes into a ring of smaller fireballs.
- Fires a large number of bombs that create electric fields.
- Fires a large amount of fireballs at the player.
- Still fires pairs of lasers between attacks.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
Upon its initial defeat, MACE Project's Jaw breaks off, leaving only the upper head behind. Its HP effectively refills, and it gains a new attack pattern. The order of its attacks is still fixed.
- Fires four pairs of lasers, along with a bouncing energy blast.
- Fires three rings of lasers.
- Moves along the rail at the top of the room, trying to line up with the player. After some time, it will slam down, emitting a shockwave that travels along the ground, along with a ring of electric bolts that may inflict Electrified.
- Fires numerous lasers while setting up a row of green orbs near the ceiling, which promptly create vertical laser beams. The locations of the beams is given away by flashing red warning lasers and a sound effect.
- MACE slams into one of the walls, creating a dense ring of electric bolts on impact.
At 50% HP, MACE summons its two fists, which hover above players and try to line up with them. They occasionally pause and slam down to deal damage, creating a shockwave that travels along the ground on impact. While the fists are alive, MACE will take almost no damage from attacks, but will be immobile and unable to attack outside of an occasional laser.
Once the fists are destroyed, MACE Project continues its previous attack pattern until its defeat.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- MACE Project is a reference to M.A.C.E, the final boss of the video game Intrusion 2.