A prototype designed by Girus. Originally she planned it to be a giant Vlitch Skull, but decided against it for some reason.
While the Omega Obliterator is alive, its exclusive music Chaos Attack will play.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Omega Obliterator is summoned with an Omega Radar at night, after the first 2 Vlitch Overlords are defeated.
The summon won't be consumed upon use.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The first time the Omega Obliterator is summoned, it will provide some dialogue before abruptly launching a massive deathray as a surprise attack (which deals 1000+ damage and can instantly kill the player before the fight even begins). However, if the player survives it, Girus will erase its personality in frustration and begin the fight proper. If it is re-summoned after surviving the initial attack once, it will immediately begin the fight instead.
At the start of the fight, the Obliterator will create a large ring of glowing Barrier Orbitals around itself that persists for the whole fight, serving as an arena for the player that prevents them from going too far from the boss. Touching the Barrier Orbitals inflicts heavy contact damage, and attempting to leave the ring will inflict Electrified until the player returns.
In combat, the Omega Obliterator alternates between a variety of attacks at random, with new ones being added as it loses HP.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Plasma Shots: Hovers to the side of the player, flying up and down while rapidly firing lasers. After the barrage, it will slow down and fire a horizontal death ray.
- Annihilation Cannon: Fires a barrage of rockets. Where they fly will be indicated by floating crosshairs.
- Directional Charge: Quickly charges at the player twice.
- Side Charge: Charges horizontally, firing a large number of red bolts perpendicular to the charge.
- Plasma Orb 1: Fires several electric spheres at the player, which will gradually slow down before lingering in place for a while. The spheres will attempt to "stick" to them if they get too close, dealing constant contact damage. If the player shoots one of the spheres, it will explode into a directed spread of red arrows.
- Plasma Orb 2: Dashes vertically while firing trails of electric spheres.
- Below 65% HP - Waving Deathray: Remains level with the player and fires two waving death rays in front of itself, which will sweep a V-shaped area in front of it. This attack is often used after its regular death ray attack.
- Below 50% HP - Stun Beam: Positions itself under the player, fires a horizontal electric ray, and sweeps it upwards. If the ray misses, nothing happens. If the ray hits the player, they will be paralyzed in place as the Obliterator fires a massive barrage of missiles directly at them.
Overheating Phase[edit | edit source]
When the Omega Obliterator is "killed", it will remain at 1 HP, overheat, and unleash a desperation attack. This consists of a fixed sequence of attacks it previously used, but far faster and with some changes.
- Side Charge x2
- Modified Plasma Shots x1 (fires far more lasers, and the death ray is now a barrage of death rays that cover a V-shaped area in front of it).
- Modified Annihilation Cannon x1 (fires many more rockets).
- Plasma Orb 2 x1
- Directional Charge x3 (total of 6 charges).
- Levels itself with the player, charges up, and unleashes a gigantic horizontal death ray. This death ray deals enough damage to instantly kill the player in most situations.
If the player survives the desperation attack, the boss will self-destruct and die, leaving its loot behind.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Pre-Battle[edit | edit source]
Note: this dialogue chain no longer occurs after the player has seen the whole thing once.
- "Yo." (upon spawning, right before firing death ray)
- "Alright, target eliminated. Returning to base." (if the player dies to the death ray)
- "Target eliminated..." (if the player dies to the death ray after dying to it once)
- "So much for a surprise attack..." (if the player avoids the death ray)
- "Guess I can't fool you twice, huh." (if the player avoids the death ray after dying to it once)
- "Hang on, I got a call from Girus."
- "'I wasted too much energy too quickly?'"
- "'I'm an idiot?'"
- "You're scrapping my personality drive?"
- "Ah well, request accepted..."
- "REBOOTING SYSTEMS...GENERATING BARRIER..."
In Battle[edit | edit source]
- "TARGET FOUND...PREPARE FOR OBLITERATION..." (upon spawn or battle start)
- "TARGET OBLITERATED...RETURNING TO GIRUS..." (upon killing the player)
Overheating Phase[edit | edit source]
- "SYSTEM OVERLOAD...GIRUS, I REQUIRE ASSISTANCE..."
- "MESSAGE FAILED TO SEND..."
- "OVERHEATING...OVERHEATING...OVERHEATING..." (desperation attack begins)
- "CRITICAL CONDITION REACHED...SELF DESTRUCTING..." (upon death)
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Always keep moving in case of a sudden charge. When the Obliterator is about to charge, it will backpedal a bit, so use that as an indicator.
- The Rod of Discord is a great way to escape if you are hit by its Stun Beam attack.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The design of the boss was completely based on a cut enemy design from the game Intrusion 2.
History[edit | edit source]
- v0.6.0: Introduced.