The Hireling is an NPC that will spawn after the death of King Slime. He will accompany the player with weapons, and accessories to help the player fight off bigger threats. He only has the name Haruto.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Just because my sprite was taken from a Nymph doesn't mean that I'm a girl.
- Hello there, master. Anything I can do for you?
- I'd love some astral cells! In fact, I stopped eating jelly just to get introduced to them.
- Ah, yes. The mutants. They tend to best humans in warfare. You probably have them with you, right?
- Don't you have an architect degree for building this house?
- Be water, my friend, or just fill this glass with water for me.
- Naruto? You're thinking of someone else.
- Since when did people start watching anime?
- It's probably weird to see someone like (Merchant) here. In fact, you only use him for things like torches and missing tools.
- (Dryad) sure is a wise person to talk with if you want to know a lot about nature. I've seen her many times in my adventures!
- This (Guide) was your first hireling? Though you don't use him too often.
- FOR THE LOVE OF ETIKA, SHUT THAT DOOR!!!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The "astral cells" quote refers to the 'Aureus Cell" item from the Calamity Mod (which is a food item), and how it replaced the "Astral Jelly" item.
- The "Be water, my friend" quote is a notable reference to Bruce Lee's famous quote, "Be water, my friend".
- The "SHUT THAT DOOR" quote refers to Etika, a deceased youtuber. It's also a reference to Rapsittie Street Kids, a Christmas special, with the ending quote "Shut that door!"
- The Hireling and the Collector were ported from the planned Terraria mod, "Customarius"