- Item (Quantity)Rate
QU4RK is an early Hardmode boss meant to be fought before the Mechanical Bosses, however it is highly difficult when first available to fight. It is the final boss progression-wise within the mod as of version 0.1.1.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
QU4RK's fight consists of 2 distinct phases.
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
During the first phase, the fight consists of 4 separate drones attacking the player. They all share a health bar of 25,000 (35,000 HP.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- Alpha fires 4 blue crystals at the player, before charging at them 3 times.
- Beta fires laser at the player, before charging at them 3 times.
- Gamma shoots a long stream of flames, before charging at the player 3 times.
- X shoots fireballs before charging at the player 3 times.
Phase 2[edit | edit source]
Once the drones' health bar is depleted, the main drone appears and the second phase begins. The 4 small drones now orbit the main one, continuing their attacks but no longer charging. While the drones are killable in this phase, they do not contribute to defeating the main boss. QU4RK cycles through attacks of its own.
- The boss fires blue crystals at the player.
- The boss fires many lasers.
- The boss shoots out a long-range flamethrower.
- The boss charges 3 times.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lore entry: "A reconnaissance drone built to be able to extract damaged machinery for either study or repair. Its smaller probes would bring wreckage to the body, where it was housed until completing the mission."
- The theme that plays during QU4RK's fight is Tetrad Fusion, composed by SpectralAves.
- The boss' name is a reference to quarks, subatomic particles that make up protons, neutrons, and electrons.
- The names of the four drones are a reference to the four types of radiation.
History[edit | edit source]
- 0.1.1: Introduced.