Nuzlocke Mode is a currently unimplemented gamemode that will later be introduced by the Terramon mod. Instead of directly affecting regular Terraria gameplay, it changes everything you think you know about Terramon with changes to most mechanics, recipes, and even Pokémon themselves. It is enabled indefinitely in a world after using the Nuzlocke Orb item, which is added to a newly spawned player's inventory in either Normal or Expert Mode. One of the main reasons players may want to attempt a Nuzlocke Mode challenge is because Shiny Pokémon will appear more frequently, and other reasons being new drops, higher drop chances for rare items and higher difficulty.
General Changes[edit | edit source]
- Players that black out (lose all their Pokémon in battle) will be turned to ghosts, much like characters that die in Hardcore mode do.
- Fainted Pokémon will not be able to revived via any sort of Medecine, and must be taken to a Pokemon Center. Additionally, Pokémon will not be able to be healed more than 5 times. If they faint five times, they are rendered unusable.
- Most Pokémon will run from the player if they are approached, though a select few may appear vicious and approach the player, triggering a battle. Whether a Pokémon will try to escape or try to approach the player is determined by their nature.
- Pokémon have a greater chance to flee during battle.
- Pokémon hold rarer held items.
- Rare Candies are more common.
- Trainers reward the player with more coins when defeated.
- Rotten Apricorns have a chance to drop from Hallow and Forest trees in place of regular Apricorns, making the harvesting process slightly harder.
Optional Changes[edit | edit source]
All optional changes are toggled on by default, but can be turned off from the Mod Config.
- Forced battle style "set", leaving the player unable to switch out after an opponent's Pokémon faints.
- Challenger Submode: Trainers, Gym Leaders and wild Pokémon will almost always be several levels above the player's strongest Pokémon in their party.
- Banning the use of held items.
- Banning the use of Master Balls or The Reusaball.
- Disabled Exp. Share.
Messages[edit | edit source]
- "Nuzlocke Mode has been enabled!" (When toggled ON)
- "It's too late to revert this world back to normal." (When trying to toggle OFF after it has been enabled.)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It should be noted that enabling Nuzlocke Mode can not be undone.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The concept for this mode is the original fan-made but widely popular Nuzlocke challenge, with several rules omitted.