Poké Balls are small, round objects used for capturing and containing wild Pokémon. They may not be used to capture another Trainer's Pokémon. Each are crafted with a specific cap, button, and base. They can also be purchased from the Pokémon Trainer NPC.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
If engaged in a Pokémon battle, during a turn, clicking on the Bag option will show all Poké Balls in the player's inventory under the Poké Balls tab. Any selected Poké Ball will be automatically thrown at the wild Pokémon.
Poké Balls cannot be used outside of battles.
Variants[edit | edit source]
The different types of Poké Balls each have different effects, usually related to catch rate.
- Dusk Ball: 3.5x catch rate if used at night-time.
- Great Ball: 1.5x catch rate.
- Master Ball: Catches Pokémon without fail.
- Poké Ball: 1× catch rate. The most basic Poké Ball.
- Premier Ball: Causes the captured Pokémon to emit a red particle effect when sent out, rather than the usual gray.
- Quick Ball: 5× catch rate if used on the first turn of a battle.
- Timer Ball: Increased catch rate the longer the battle is.
- Ultra Ball: 2× catch rate.
Removed variants[edit | edit source]
The types of Poké Balls below have been removed from the mod or are planned to be removed in a future update.
- Pumpkin Ball
- Scope Ball
- Zero Ball
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to update 1.0, Poké Balls could be thrown freely as part of the old catching mechanic.