- This is a page about an overhaul of a vanilla weapon type. The page on that weapon type itself can be found here.
Bows are a type of weapon that are easy to craft at the beginning of the game. With wooden arrows as ammo, they're an early, reliable ranged option. Terraria Overhaul adds several mechanics to make the use of bows far more fun and interesting.
Holding the Left Mouse Button will allow you to rapid-fire arrows until you run out of ammunition or release the button. Arrows will stick inside whatever they hit, and can oftentimes be recovered when the target is killed or the arrow falls out.
Changes & Additions[edit | edit source]
Focused Shot[edit | edit source]
An arrow can be focused in your bowstring by holding the Right Mouse button ⚒ Use / Attack, doing more damage the longer it's charged. Focusing a shot long enough will allow the player to triple the amount of arrows fired. Releasing the button will launch the arrow, or it will auto-fire if left to charge for too long.
The player may halt focusing by pressing the Reload key r, or by performing a dodge roll.
Arrow Velocity[edit | edit source]
Damage dealt by arrows is now based on their hit velocity in relativity to their velocity when originally fired. This means that if an arrow gains additional velocity from gravity, it'll deal a bit more damage. Since arrows and bullets no longer regain their velocity once they come out of water, arrows become way less effective when dealing with enemies that are underwater.
Headshots[edit | edit source]
Precisely hitting an enemy's head will increase damage by 5%, always giving at least +1 damage point. An exclamation point (!) will appear after damage numbers when a headshot occurs.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.0: Weapon Overhaul introduced.
- 1.1: Bow charging speed increased, and charging no longer slows players
- 2.0: Arrows stick to blocks and non-metallic enemies; Headshots implemented; Crosshair implemented; Projectiles can be picked up with the Right Mouse Button
- 2.0.3: Focus Shot charge speed increased
- 4.0: Autofire granted to bows, charging moved to Right Mouse; Triple Shot implemented; Overcharge stunning replaced with forced fire; Charge can be halted with reload key