- This is a page about an overhaul of a vanilla weapon type. The page on that weapon type itself can be found here.
Sword beats paper! Get one today.
Broadswords are one of the two main types of Sword weapons, easily crafted from when the game starts. Terraria Overhaul completely remakes Broadsword combat for more fast paced gameplay with a higher skill ceiling.
Changes & Additions[edit | edit source]
Attack Aiming[edit | edit source]
Broadsword swings are able to hit enemies directly above and below the player now, as well as letting a player backpedal while attacking. The weapon is swung in the direction of the mouse cursor with both types of attack, and some slight airtime can be achieved with a charged attack.
Killing Blow[edit | edit source]
The player may let out a delayed swing with the Right Mouse Button ⚒ Use / Attack, dealing a x1.5 multiplier to landed strikes against enemies. In addition to this, any charged attack against an enemy below 1/3 their maximum health will become a Killing Blow, dealing a further x2 multiplier against them.
Charged attacks with Broadswords are also able to be cancelled with a Dodgeroll in an emergency, and will cause projectile-spawning weapons to create three of their projectile.
Velocity Based Damage[edit | edit source]
As with most other melee weapons, damage dealt may be increased with both the player's and the target's velocity on hit, up to a tripled damage modifier.
Head Strikes[edit | edit source]
Precisely hitting an enemy's head will increase damage by 5%, always giving at least +1 damage point. An exclamation point (!) will appear after damage numbers when a head hit occurs.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.0: Weapon Overhaul introduced.
- 1.0.3: Sword projectiles buffed
- 1.1: Charged attack windup slows the player less; Dodge rolls now cancel charge windup
- 1.2: Vertical velocity gained from a midair charge attack nerfed
- 2.0: Head Strikes implemented; Projectile-spawning swords create shots every swing, charged attacks cause triple-projectiles; Charged attack windup slows the player less
- 4.0: Crits now initiated with charged attack; Killing Blow introduced