Critical Strike Rework
Terraria Overhaul's Critical Strike Rework consists of removing random crits, and making crits instead be charged up through dealing damage, greatly expanding combat, punishing the player for getting hit with charge loss and opening up new possibilities for other item overhauls.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Every time a player hits an enemy, their crit charge increases, based on how much damage (before defense modification) there was done in relation to weapon's normal DPS and crit charge rate. Excessive damage is counted too, so doing Killing Blows with broadswords will charge up crits way more. Players lose crit charge with time and when they get hit.
- Once crit charge reaches 100%, crits can be activated with an attack. Weapons like Broadswords, Axes, and Hammers can only initiate crits with charged attacks.
- When a crit is initiated, all damage dealt by the player will be critical for 1.75 seconds.
- Crits cannot be initiated the same swing/item use that they were charged.
Settings[edit | edit source]
This feature is optional, and can be disabled in:
- Overhaul Settings -> Global Settings -> Gameplay Settings -> Crit Rework
History[edit | edit source]
- 4.0: Introduced.