Evil Blooming is a phenomenon in Terraria Overhaul that takes place during Autumn. During this period the world evils (The Corruption or The Crimson) become much more dangerous, scary and sinister. This doesn’t apply to The Hallow in any way.
[edit | edit source]
Both The Corruption and The Crimson get slightly stronger in the following manners: (Note: All of these changes apply only to world evils and their enemies only.)
- Enemies' AI speed is increased, meaning they accelerate faster and attack more frequently.
- Enemies are noticeably more knockback resistant up to 25%
- Enemies defense is increased by 3
- Both biomes' ambience begin to project ghostly howling sounds randomly.
- Enemy spawn rate is increased to a drastic extent, this can be prove to be very dangerous for unprepared visitors.
- In Pre-Hardmode, enemies that only spawn during Hardmode start to appear.
Crimson[edit | edit source]
- If music remixes aren't disabled, The Crimson's surface and underground themes are replaced by an unsettling low quality remix:
- Crimson Ligaments generate more often and are larger.
- Tree leaves transform into bloody meaty mouths and begin to leak blood constantly.
- Players get the ... (Terrified) debuff from being in this biome.
- Brain of Cthulhu may spawn if large amounts of enemies are killed.
- Crimson enemies start to glow red.
- The Crimson grass begin to use an unused flesh grass texture from Vanilla.
Corruption[edit | edit source]
- If music remixes aren't disabled, The Corruption's surface and underground themes are replaced by an unsettling low quality remix:
- Tree leaves turn into flesh, grow eyeballs and start leaking a slimy, dark purple liquid.
- Players get the ... (Watched) debuff from being in this biome.
- Eater of Worlds may spawn if large amounts of monsters are killed.
- Corruption enemies start to glow a toxic green.