|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
The Fire System in Terraria Overhaul offers a new challenge. Many go-to items people use to build their first houses are flammable, this should be taken into consideration when building your first house. The weapons you use near your houses should also be carefully considered. Once a fire starts it will spread to nearby flammable blocks, platforms, NPCs, and can rage out of control, especially in Summer.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
- Fire spread speed can be affected by Seasons.
- Fire can set off Explosives.
- When there is too much fire on screen, a remix of the original Underworld Theme will play, unless disabled.
Burning too much Grass will cause a new biome called The Ashes to form.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Moving into a natural tree house can save time in a vanilla Terraria game but with Overhaul it can lead to disaster with a single fire, use extreme caution.
- Plan for fire mitigation early. Make your house out of stone or ice. Acquire an item you can use to put fires out and put it on your bar/Quick Action slot.
- Be careful placing torches. If you put one immediately under a flammable block you can be your own worst enemy.
- Building your house underground or making Lightning Rods can make your house less likely to catch fire during rain.
- If you have the Thorium Mod enabled, be careful with the Molten or Obsidian Scales, as enemies ignited by them will presently also ignite you.
- It is highly dangerous to fight the pumpkin moon, as Mourning Wood's Greek Fire attack can cause a high amount of fire.
Incendiaries[edit | edit source]
Fires can start fairly easily from a number of sources, including:
Extinguishers[edit | edit source]
Thankfully a number of items can also be used to extinguish the flames:
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.0: Introduced.