|AI Type||Queen Bee AI|
|Damage||Melee - 30 / 54|
Stinger - 22 / 44
|Max Life||3400 / 4760|
|Defense||8 / 8-20 (depending on health)|
|Inflicts debuff||100% chance|
|Debuff duration||Stinger - 10 / 20 seconds|
Melee - 2-6 seconds
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- This is a page about an overhaul of a vanilla boss. The page on that boss itself can be found here.
The Queen Bee is a Pre-hardmode Boss. She is summoned by breaking the Larva inside of Bee Hives found inside the Underground Jungle or by using an Abeemination anywhere within the Jungle. She is immune to the Confused debuff and can inflict the Poisoned debuff.
While Queen Bee is alive, "Boss 4" - Theme of the Queen Bee will play.
Changes in Overhaul[edit | edit source]
Summer Spawning[edit | edit source]
There is now a random chance for the Queen Bee (2 Queen Bees in Hardmode) to spawn during the Summer at the start of each day. Currently, the Queen Bee will immediately spawn without warning, giving the player no time to prepare. This may be considered unfair.
Hardmode Buff[edit | edit source]
During Hardmode, the Queen Bee now:
- Accelerates twice as fast.
- Cycles actions twice as fast.
- Deals double damage.
- Has x1.9 times more health.
- Is x1.5 bigger than in Vanilla.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- The pre-Hardmode Queen Bee is x1.2 bigger than in Vanilla.
- The Queen Bee's Small Bees deal x1.5 times damage, but die immediately once they hit a player.
- Overhaul slightly adjusts the Queen Bee's hitbox between different animation frames, for headshots to work more reliably.
Death Animation[edit | edit source]
The Queen Bee stops in place, slowing down her wings, before exploding into pieces.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like all Overhaul bosses with death animations, the Queen Bee uses her vanilla gore sprites, resulting in nonsensical scenes with piles of her heads and wings scattered on the floor.