- This is a page about an overhaul of a vanilla gun. The page on that gun itself can be found here.
The Sniper Rifle is a Hardmode, post-Plantera ranged weapon that fires a bullet with extremely high damage and velocity, though at a far slower rate of fire than most ranged weapons, and cannot auto-fire. It also has a "zoom" ability. The Sniper Rifle has a 7.64% / 11.46% chance to be dropped by Skeleton Snipers, who only spawn in Dungeon areas with Slab Walls during Hardmode after Plantera has been defeated.
Its best Modifier is Unreal; however, due to its already-high critical strike chance, the Ruthless modifier may be preferred to maximize damage instead.
Changes in Overhaul[edit | edit source]
This gun gets a severe nerf when Overhaul is installed:
- Now has a 8 round magazine and long reloading, which takes 3 seconds with no speed modifiers.
- Use time is around x1.5 times longer than in Vanilla (~52 ticks in comparison to 35).
- Damage dealt is reduced by 20% (~148 damage dealt in comparison to 185).
- The Zoom-In ability of the Sniper Rifle is way more effective.