|AI Type||Phoenix AI|
|Damage||Touch: 100 / 200Gas: 100 / 200|
|Max Life||8600 / 10320|
Ivy Plant is a late Pre-Hardmode boss, spawned with Cursed Flower. It's a huge poisonous bulb which is able to move in the jungle at will, being able to produce his own flies and breath gas within a wide range, making it a very dangerous jungle denizen.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Unlike all other bosses, Ivy Plant is unique in that it's stationary. While this makes it very vulnerable to attacks, it regularly produce No Good Fly, which themselves are very fast but vertically slow. Moreover, Ivy Plant will then blow a Poisonous Gas, having a very large and wide area of effect, and also poisons the player. However, the damage and speed of the gas reduces very fast, which makes it very easy to dodge the further the player is. After blowing the gas, it then becomes temporairly invincible while relocating itself nearer to the player, by shrinking and reappearing under the player's feet. After relocating, it repeats it's behavior.
When the boss follows you outside of the jungle, it produces a massive amount of flies.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to a very high damage scaling but huge falloff the further the gas travels, it's recommended to stay far from the boss very frequently. This is very important in Expert Mode, as it's damage is doubled.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.0.2 (W1K's Mod Redux):
- now spawned earlier, before Hardmode;
- Reduced damage (150 -> 100);
- Reduced defense (30 -> 15);
- Increased Health (6000 -> 8600);
- No Good Fly does less damage (60 -> 30);
- New AI when out of Underground Jungle;
- New fading effect: no longer fades in background, now it shrinks and enlarge;
- Now Despawns when no player is alive.
- 1.0 (W1K's Mod Redux): Introduced.