|Knockback||3 (Very weak)|
|Use time||22 Fast|
|Tooltip||Right Click to dash, or consume combo to steal life from enemies|
Combo grants increased melee damage at the cost of defense
'Might makes right'
|Grants Buff||Demon Frenzy (WeaponOut)|
|Buff tooltip||Damage dealt increased by COMBO%, damage received increased by COMBO%|
The Demon Hand is a combo dash fist weapon hybrid with 13 combo power. It is the fist weapon equivalent to the Night's Edge, making it the last fist item that can be obtained before Hardmode. It emits a purple claw effect when punching.
Whilst the combo power is inactive, the weapon will act like a standard dashing weapon, but will use the empowered strike once the combo power cost has been met. Its combo effect increases all damage dealt by 1% per point of combo power, and increases damage taken by 0.5% per point of combo. On the initial activation at 13 combo power, the effect will grant 13% increased damage and will increase damage taken by 6.5%.
The empowered strike emits a ring of red particles before dashing at a high speed, hitting about 4 enemies across the length of the dash. Each enemy struck will grant a healing effect the player; 50% of either the damage dealt or the maximum life of the enemy struck, whichever is lowest.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Do not let the combo build up for too long. Use the empowered strike to reduce the combo meter to heal and reduce damage taken at the same time.
- Make sure to line up effectively with multiple targets before utilising the lifesteal dash for maximum recovery.
- This weapons is effective against the Wall of Flesh, as its combo can easily be built off The Hungry which in turn can be slashed through to restore life.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like most lifesteal weapons, the Demon Hand has an upperlimit on the amount of life stolen in a period of time. If the player's current lifesteal potential is below 0, it will restore it by half the amount it would heal for instead, typically bringing it above 0 and allowing the next lifestealing attack to restore life.
- The maximum lifesteal potential for players is 80 / 70 life, which is regenerates at 36 / 30 lifesteal per second. Lifestealing attacks will reduce the lifesteal potential by the same amount as life restored, which can reduce it below 0 and prevent further attacks from stealing life.
- Despite being crafted from the Phoenix Mark, the Demon Hand shares the same base damage without the increased dash damage, making it weaker until a combo of 50 or more.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.5: Introduced.
|WeaponOut Mod: Weapons • Armor • Accessories • Tiles |